Mark Lavelle, the friendly and approachable CEO of Magento, gave me a half hour of his time at their Magento Live UK show! Not at all expected for the CEO of such a large company and at a packed trade show, to boot.
[Click here for early access to the Magento Checkout Grader, when it’s ready. Get 10 hours (worth ~ $1500) of checkout analysis done automatically in a couple of minutes, and the results emailed to you.]
The interview’s a great look into:
– Why Magento is part of Permira private equity now, rather than eBay
– The latest product improvements for Magento, including how the extension marketplace got upgraded significantly to make it better for merchants, their order management functionality and more
– The sometimes-overlooked key things for entrepreneurs to get through tough times (he launched a web payments company – BillMeLater – in the dot com bust of 2000… BillMeLater survived and thrived, clearly thanks to these)
– What motivates Mark at Magento
– Transacting beyond just the ecommerce site/app: where’s the future of ecommerce going?
(For those of you looking for my Mobile Checkout Worksheet discussed at Magento Live UK – get it here (mobile friendly ;).)
For those of you interested in the slides from my talk – How To Preserve Your Conversion Rate While Going Through A Site Redesign – you can get them on my page about Magento Live UK 2016.